Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to the Grind

Well, I haven't run since Sunday. And technically when I ran on Sunday it was while I was in the David Copperfield magic show, so not a "real" run. Oh, did I not tell you about that? Yes, I was IN the magic show. I was lucky enough to catch a flying ball and ended up on stage with some other people. In fact, Andrew was also lucky enough to catch a ball and was on stage - although not next to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTeh2rh5WSc

The link above takes you to a video of the exact act I was in. Picture me as the woman in the front row of the seats (in the video her name is Brooke). Andrew is on the side of the stage acting as a "witness".

One moment I am there, then...gone. Andrew's version is that he was on stage, saw me sit then saw the cage rise up in the air. He was asked to walk around and look under and all that stuff. Then the sheet was pulled back and I was gone, only to reappear at the back of the theatre.

How did he do it?! I have no idea. Truly I do not. I was in a seat one moment then literally was at the back of the theatre with the audience with a flashlight shoved in my hand. I was whisked away, running, then standing still.

What does this have to do with my PhD or training for a marathon? Nothing, except that if David Copperfield can do that trick, why can't he make it so that there are more hours in my day?

Since coming back from Vegas work has hit me like a ton of bricks. Along with that, I am trying to schedule interviews for participants in my study and spend time with the kiddo. Running has fallen to the wayside for now, only because I don't have the time.

Come on Copperfield - a little help?!

No comments:

Post a Comment