Sunday, January 9, 2011

Magic

I think some folks think Vegas is a magical place. I think I agree...but maybe not for the same reasons. I think it's magical because I can't think of another place I have been where your internal clock gets so turned around. I think it's magical because you know the city is in the middle of nowhere, and yet the amount of fresh and exotic food (be it from land or sea) is abundant (this place won't win the Green City award any time soon). It's also magical because of all the strange things you see and hear when out and about.

Last night's escapade is enough proof for me that this magic is real. There was an amazing dinner with an old friend with some yummy sea bass that you know didn't come from anywhere near here. Good times and good food. Then someone in the pack of boys I am traveling with had the great idea to go to this club at the Palms, not realizing the hotel was right smack dab in the middle of hosting an award ceremony. And not just any award ceremony, but something that I later learned equates to the Oscar's of...well...adult type films. You can imagine that it made for some interesting people watching (needless to say we didn't make it into the club). We ended up at some other place that had too loud music, but did allow me to witness the musical talents of Maroon 5 in an up close and personal manner (all the while I was thinking it was too bad it wasn't Dave Matthews). And by the time I left the 3 boys to go and get some sleep, it was about 3:30am.

3:30am...that's just crazy for me. I gave myself a break today. No school work and no gym. Instead, I went shopping. Oh well.

I get to finish my magical Vegas weekend by going to see David Copperfield - the most awarded magician of all time (according to the sign on all the cabs). I love David Copperfield and am proud to say this will be the second time I have seen him. The first time I was about 7 years old and my parents took me to see him the night my sister went to her prom, so that I could get dressed up and go out too. I remember it being a good show....and I remember my sister's dress - hot pink with these HUGE sleeves that made her look like a glam chicken...although at the time I am sure I thought she looked magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment